Objectives of Compliance Cell
OBJECTIVE of BKMEA Social Compliance Cell:
- To enhance differentiation in a fiercely competitive global industry
- To increase worker satisfaction, loyalty, retention, motivation, and productivity
- To provide a framework for systematic integration of social compliance in business operations
- To add visibility and credibility to corporate responsibility
Implementing Core ILO conventions
- Zero tolerance on Child Labor
- Snuffing out all Forms of Forced or Compulsory Labor across the factory level
- Compulsory participation committee for healthy owner-labor relationship.
- Freedom of Association and Right to Collective Bargaining
- Mitigating unrest through mutual understanding, but by going by the law.
Core Strength of the BKMEA Social compliance Team:
Lead Auditor Certificate Training:
ISO14001:2004 (Environmental Safety Management System) and ISO18001:2007 (Occupational Health & Safety Management System) Accredited by NABET (National Accredited Board for Education & Training). Training received from TUV-SUD Bangladesh Ltd.
Audits and assessments provide vital management control for Process Safety Management, Process Security Management, and Risk Management Programs. Audits focus on the policies and procedures to verify compliance with regulatory requirements and industry standards. They help to ensure programs are properly designed and implemented. Further, audits also identify program deficiencies so that recommendations can be developed for corrective action.
Senior Master Trainers Training:
Senior Master Trainers Certificate training on Essential Health and Safety (EOSH) organize/ received by ITC-ILO (International Training Center-ILO). It’s an internationally recognized training Program.
TOT (Training of Trainers)
Training organized by GIZ on Advanced and Moderate c3 Training Technique, Social Compliance and Factory Monitoring & Audit Technique, Environmental Safety, Occupational Health & Safety, Fire Safety, Negotiation and Dialog, Security Compliance (C-TPAT), International Major Standards, Process of Policy Procedures, CSR (Corporate Social Responsibilities) Activities etc.
TOT (Training of Trainers)
Training organized by ILO on Interest based Negotiation and Joint Problem Solving (IBN-Process), Workplace Co-operation etc.
Expertise Developed on the Areas Of:
- Bangladesh Labor Law-2006.
- Bangladesh Labor Law-2006 (Amended-2013).
- Factory Negotiation, Dispute Settlement and Grievance Handling.
- Fire Act & Rules and Regulations.
- BNBC (Bangladesh National Building Code).
- Building Safety, Fire & Electrical Safety.
- Occupational Health and Safety (OHS), Environmental Safety, Chemical Safety and Management System.
- International Major Social Standards (WRAP, BSCI, ILO, SEDEX, FLA etc.) and Buyers Code of Conducts (CoC).
- CSR (Corporate Social Responsibilities) Activities.
- Customs compliance etc.
All trainers provide trainings to the trainees (Skill, Semi- skill, up skill, Awareness training etc.) by using c3 training methodology/ technique.