From the very beginning BKMEA has been providing protocol service to our valuable foreign buyers, guests, family member of garments owners, honourable president, vice presidents and board of directors as well as BKMEA members at Hazrat Shahjalal International Airport. Recently BKMEA management has improved protocol service by recruiting new human resources for Airport Cell. This particular cell is fully run and monitored by Honourable CEO and venerable President which is supervised by chief of protocol.
Officers responsible for protocol service:
- Sourov Paul – Asst. Deputy Secretary – (Protocol)
- MD. Abdul Wares – Assistant Secretary – (Protocol)
Activities of Airport Protocol:
Making smooth arrangement for our arrival and departure guests including:
- On arrival Visa (Preparing proper required documents, receiving guest, paying money to bank, getting visa, collecting luggage, completing
- customs security check, handing over guest to the host)
- Avoiding queue and completing immigration formalities for our guests.
- Assist them to find out their luggage as well as further assistance to get back lost items.
- Helping up on customs security check.
- Making sure transportation at right time on right place.
- Assigning preferable sits on aircraft in advance while departure.
- Arranging additional services like assistance for wheelchair.
- Doing check-in quickly and smoothly.
- Filling up departure card and guide the guests up to immigration area.
- After immigration, taking guests to lounges afterwards inform them about actual departure time and boarding gate number.